f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Thursday, October 26, 2006



Greetings Citizens. Yesterday was fun on the Spiral Jetty. The weather was a bit chilly but we didn't get snowed on... or rained on either. I drove out there with the Grad Boys (Cole & Barrett) and Megan (one of my advanced students). I think we all made a bunch of images. I know I made a fair share including my "Gnome Image" that I needed to make for a print trade that is coming up soon. I shot a couple with the Spiral Jetty in the background and one with a dead dog that Barrett found. I think the neatest part of the trip was watching the foam (which there was more of than I've ever seen) blow over the jetty. It would have been a good time to be a videographer!

When we finished we went to Mack's Family Drive-in, in Tremonton, for a burger and tots.

Today I'm showing the alt-kids how to coat the silver onto the paper they salted last week. I think I'll be seeing more than a couple images from Rozel Point made with salt from the Great Salt Lake. That is soooo Post-Post-Modern!

2 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Slade said...

Just remember, I thought of it first!

Do you really have salt from the Jetty? I thought you weren't sure where your salt came from.

I have 10 lbs. I got from the Jetty yesterday...gonna bug you for some salt skillz.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

you thought of it first? hmmmm, that's up for debate.

amy got us a grocery sack's worth but i can't say with 100% certainty that it is from the jetty. it works though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home