f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Friday, October 13, 2006

Greetings Citizens. The 19th Century kids worked all day making Kallitypes. I must admit there were some very nice looking prints. Cole is working on his digital tests and will, no doubt, have some first-rate image next Tuesday. We'll be preparing paper for salted paper images on Tuesday too. I think we'll make a gelatin solution with the salt this time. Normally, I soak the paper in salt and brush the chemistry directly onto the paper. But the students are struggling getting contrast into there images so using gelatin will prevent the silver from soaking into the paper.

The basic kids are making some pretty nice portraits from what I am seeing. They have a skills test today. They'll either get really high scores or really low ones. The test is for me really. I can see who is having problems with metering from the answers they give.

No football game tonight. It was a short week for public schools so the games were played on Wednesday. Since I have a night class, I wasn't able to work. There's a chance I can get a game next Friday but I'm not counting on it. I actually had a pretty good season considering I have been gone for two seasons. There's a very slim chance that I'll get a first-round playoff game but I doubt it. I do have some kiddie ball games tomorrow though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home