f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Greeting Citizens. Scheduled my first doctor's appointment in over twenty years the other day. I've been nervous ever since. I am convinced that the good doctor will find about a dozen things wrong with me, outside of being overweight & not of sound mind.

I had individual meetings with the Independent Projects class last night. All the meetings went quite well! The students are working on some very interesting ideas and I am very excited to see what they finally produce.

The basic kids are wrapping up on the technical stuff and will begin working on portraits this Friday. It's always a bit scary for me because I give them a couple of weeks to work on things. The slackers rise to the surface and don't use their time wisely, excuses & stories abound!

This morning Cole is showing us all the procedure he followed to create a digital negative. Many of the students are interested to create digital negatives themselves, so the demonstration should be extremely helpful to the students. After that, I'm going light on them. I had them create an insane amount of work for the last techniques to get them to realize how important it is to create new negatives (with the process in mind) and practice good technique and work habits. It was successful. Some of them even learned how time consuming alternative processes can be by pulling an all-nighter! So, I'll assign them to shoot some new work over the weekend and selenium tone their negatives. Monday, I'll show them how to make Kallitypes and they'll have a week to make a few images (of high quality)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home