f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Saturday, September 30, 2006


Greetings Citizens. Last night's varsity football game between Mountain Crest and Bountiful was the best game I've refereed in years. Bountiful won 15-14, scoring 9 points in the fourth quarter. Mountain Crest had their chances. In fact, they drove down the field to around the 30 yard line until their drive stalled with 35 seconds left to play. Part of the reason the game was so good was the lack of penalties. There was a total of six penalties for 60 yards. The Back Judge had the biggest call with a pass interference call on Mountain Crest's final possession that kept their drive alive. My only flag happened on the first pass play of the game--- a five-yard ineligible receiver down field.

After the game, a bunch of officials met at Chili's for dinner. The other two games in the valley were routs. We all traded "war stories" and had a great time.

Today I had five kiddie games starting at 0830. I'm working with two first-year officials, so things could get dicey since this is the last week of the regular season for the little kids. If we have a game with play-off ramifications, the parents, coaches & kids will all be worked up.

When I get home, I'm hoping to see a fair amount of the WSU-USC game. It'll probably be the only time this season that I'll be able to watch my beloved Cougars. I am hoping for an upset!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home