f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Greetings Citizens. Yesterday in my 19th Century Processes class, I showed some slides of famous (and not-so-famous) paintings along with some photographs for the students to critique using the Critical Response to Art Product (CRAP) handout. Hopefully, it eased a little tension some of the students have about talking about work. Afterwards, I "lectured" them on the value of giving (and receiving) criticism on their work while they are in school. Hopefully, some of them will come out of their shells a little at the next critique. Then, I cut them loose. Some of the kids went to Angie's, some went home, but most of them stayed and worked on their newly developed images.

After class, I went home and took a nap. Then I went back up to school to finish my grading. I'm almost done.

4 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Larry Prescott said...

What does the crap handout look like? Do you have a Word or PDF file of it? I am always on the lookout for ideas for teaching.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

i've email you the pdf.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Darren Clark said...

Would you mind sending sending me a copy?

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

i'll send it right now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home