f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Thursday, September 14, 2006


Greetings Citizens. The alt-kids are struggling a little with the VDB's. No shocker there. Learning to apply the chemistry onto the paper is a bit of an artform all to itself. I'm seeing lots of brushmarks! They are also beginning to see how important it is to have a "proper negative" for each process. They continue to try and use negatives they'd make a silver print from & then are unhappy with the results. Go figure. They need to read and reread this quotation:

In the end it all comes down to this: you have a choice (or more accurately a rolling tangle of choices) between giving your work your best shot and risking that it will not make you happy, or not giving it your best shot -- and thereby guaranteeing that it will not make you happy. It becomes a choice between certainty and uncertainty. And curiously, uncertainty is the comforting choice. -Ted Orland, Art & Fear - David Bales & Ted Orland.

My sophomore football game lasted over 2 1/2 hours yesterday! It was the game that refused to die. Hubba jinxed us by trying to get the teams on the field too early. (That's bad).

I also found out the other day that I have some lurkers out there who don't like my LensBaby images. Too bad. Until I get some of my Diana work scanned that is going to be the meal of the day. Of course, they probably won't like those images either. I'd like to discuss the finer points of image making with them but they choose to remain anonymous. I really hate that about people who leave comments on a blog and don't have the class to put their name (or even their nickname) to their posting. It's cowardice at best. And chickenshit otherwise.

4 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a great quote. boo hiss to the chickenshits!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Icarus said...

I'll give you a call in about 5 or ten minutes or so...
but here it goes...
I've decided to go to walla walla college in south eastern washington.
I've taken care of, almost, everything and I'd like to get recommendation from you IF you don't mind...
You can fill out the form on-line at www.wwc.edu/551.0.html
my name's spelled 'jisoo'
in case you've forgotten.
and here's my address I used in my application
4604 SW 141st Ave
Beaverton, OR 97005

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Larry Prescott said...

Cool. Where did this image come from?

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

it was in a pond on the side of the road in rhode island. glad you like it larry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home