f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Saturday, September 09, 2006


Greetings Citizens. So last night was Friday and I didn't have a varsity football game. It was a strange feeling. This time of year I just expect to be working a game. Oh well, today I have five kiddie games. That's a nice payday! Good enough to get me some 4x5 film and other photo supplies I am beginning to notice that I don't have.

At school, we finally got permission from Facilities to hang up our cyanotype murals on the wall. First we had to talk to Mr. Fireman who, after giving his approval, had to talk to someone else. It took a week. But they're up and people seem to be enjoying them as they enter the art building.

We started working with "real cameras" in my basic class on Friday. One of my kids slept through three demos. She's taking four studio classes! That is completely nuts! The advanced students are doing a great job with the cyanotypes. They're struggling with exposure times and how to "read" whether the print is fully cooked but they're right on track. Tuesday we'll do Van Dyke Brown prints. They also need to learn to clean up after themselves. I think the advanced kids have been getting away with murder. as far as cleaning up the lab goes. Those days are over!

3 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are totally in your element! Congrats -

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Icarus said...

hmmmm...
could you send me an e-mail to
unpredictable14@gmail.com?
I seem to have lost your address :(

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

james, i am feeling right at home. who'd of thunk it!

ji soo, i emailed you my address last night. hope all is going well for you. (and updae your blog)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home