f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Greetings Citizens. Well, I had my first varsity football game on Friday. I thought I did a pretty good job. It was a tough game to work in the middle. The teams were rivals and one squad was significantly better than the other. That leads to a lot of "talk" between opposing plays. And that usually means the Umpire has his work cut out for him... which was the case in Friday's game. I think I had about 70 yards in penalties! That's quite a bit. I'm certain my fellow officials thought I was flag-happy but every call was legitimate as far as I'm concerned.

Saturday's kiddie games were easy as pie. And the payoff was better. I worked with the "Dream Crew," (a name I coined for a group of the local officials who always work together), and we had a lot of fun. We made a digital image to send to another official on their crew to show him he has been replaced. He hasn't, of course, but he'll have a cow anyway.

Today, I finally got caught up on my sleep. I'm spending the day cleaning up the apartment. Later, I'm meeting with Barrett (a graduate student) to mix cyanotype chemistry and soak a couple of sheets in it for life-sized photograms. Then, later tonight, I may go and see a movie.

2 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Happy Villain said...

It's good to see that you're settling in comfortably! I hope things continue to go well for you there.

Oh, and that image is way cool. Where the heck did you spot that?

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

It's the Big Fish Restaurant in Bena, MN (http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tips/getAttraction.php3?tip_AttractionNo==710) It is pretty cool. I've photographed it before, so I knew I was going to revisit it when I decided my route.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home