f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Monday, October 23, 2006


Greetings Citizens. I had a pretty fun weekend. Saturday I went with my farmer friend, Dave, to Buhl, Idaho. He was picking up some calf pens. I made one image along the way that I am hoping to process today. We went to an auction too. I found it interesting to see how the bidding went on the cows. But what I found really interesting was the family-like atmosphere there. What was so strange to me was very ordinary to the people there.

Last night I was at Mary Kay's to watch the World Series and have dinner. The vittles were delicious and the game went to Detroit, who won 3-1 behind the stellar pitching of Kenny Rodgers.

Today, we have a visiting artist in town. Jungjin Lee, a Korean photographer, will be on campus for the next three days. Tonight she is giving a lecture. The following day, she'll be looking at the work of our students. Wednesday, I think we're making a field trip out to the Spiral Jetty. I'm excited to get out there and make some images, so I hope we go.

5 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Larry Prescott said...

Wow, what's with the planet photo?
Are you into astro photography or just playing around on the computer?

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

it's a photo i found on some astronomy website. pretty neat, eh?

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Slade said...

Oh we'll go baby!

We'll go!

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

oh yeah... goin' to the Jetty! i think me & barrett are going to head out there early & make a day of it.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger shasta said...

yay jetty! i wish i could go... le sigh..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home