f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Sunday, November 12, 2006


Greetings Citizens. Just got back from Hubba's house. Me & Dave watched the Sunday Night Football Game there. (Chicago kicked holy butt)! We had some sandwiches and soup. And cherry cobbler for dessert. I ate too much!

Friday night and all day Saturday, me and some students went to the regional SPE convention. Utah State wasn't even listed as a school with a photography program! Chucky's name badge had "from a school not listed as having a photo program," which was great. He got a few looks. We all had great fun (some more than others) and a couple of students had the opportunity to show their work to some other people and get some fresh feedback. Peter Goin was a featured speaker and my friend, Tracey Longly-Cook had a show in one of the local galleries. All-in-all, it was a worthwhile adventure. I also made some anti-graffiti images (after blowing off the keynote speaker). I t was late and I needed to use a tripod. But I was amazed at how well the images turned out for it being so late in the evening. Digital has its advantages.

I also got offered a summer job here. I am excited to have the opportunity to expand my teaching through the summer. I always like teaching at The Workshops and this will be a similar situation, except it will be with middle-school & high school kids. I think it will be great fun & I'll get to see Big Mike and Val again. What the world holds for me after that I can only guess since the future is a funny thing.

2 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger Slade said...

Barret gave me the run-down on SPE. Too bad it sounds like it was a waste of time. The UFO discussion would have had me interested...for about 5 minutes. Throw in some Bigfoot evidence and you'd have me for an hour. Other than that it sounded LAME. Glad I spent Saturday spraying weeds and raking rocks instead.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

there was some good stuff mixed in but it reassured for me why i quit participating as a member of spe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home