f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Greetings Citizens. Went to Bruce's playoff game last night. Watched a veteran official miss more calls than I would have dreamed possible. What irks me is that I know other officials (OK, myself included) who would have done a much better job. But so it goes.

Afterwards, we went and watched the Aggie hockey team fall to Colorado State. Hubba and Dave were there. Hubba had got me a complimentary ticket and we talked the ticket taker into letting Bruce in for free. It's funny but I don't think I've paid to get into a sporting event (besides Cougar football) in years. We talked about Bruce's game and the local Skyview game, which went on for three hours. When the Aggie game was over, me and Dave went and had a burger.

This morning I went up to campus to check out the photo entries for the Undergraduate Show. There was lots of fine work including some nice images from my students. Mary Kay, after learning how to make platinum prints on Thursday, made some digital negatives and made for prints for the show. They looked awesome! She got the Pt/Pd curve off of Dan Burkholder's webpage. You can get the curve here.

Then I went to the football game. Hawaii throttled us. Most of the fans had left by halftime. I met Dave there and we decided to watch the Sunday night NFL game at his house tomorrow. So, it'll be me and him plus Hubba.

Made a simple meal tonight for dinner and made a point of keeping the food portions under control. I've been having to count carbohydrates this week. It's been so much fun I don't know what to do.

2 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger mike said...

Yeah, keeping the portions under control is hard for me. I heard a thing on the news just today about that. If you fill up a 8 inch plate, you think you're getting a lot of food. But if you put the same amount of food on a 12 inch plate, you think you're getting less food.

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

hmmm... might have to get me some 8-inch plates!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home