f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Greetings Citizens. Me and Ji Soo decided to go out and photograph today. We really didn't know where we wanted to go and we eventually started heading toward Mt Hood. From there we took a great motorcycle road back to Estacada.

Ji took many more images than I did but I found a scene that made the trip worthwhile. I only took my Graflex & Polaroid back, so I didn't go on a crazy "digital shooting spree". The shots I made were at a scene where someone had died in a car crash. There were crosses and balloons. There were also American flags, including a full-sized on on a cliff face behind the crosses. There was also a modern day pictograph of three crosses that I liked a lot.

Now I'm making saffron rice and grilling a pork tenderloin for dinner. I'm also watching the Yankees post an eight-run inning against the Metropolitans. I hate the Yankees!

5 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you seen if anyone has done a book on roadside memorials? Seems to be an interesting subject...

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

i'm sure somebody has made a book by now. i was telling ji soo that a guy at spe on year was documenting sites and recording the location with a gps system. the idea was great... i didn't think much of his images though.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Icarus said...

ummmmm
pork tenderloin...
grrrrrrrhg...
Just kidding, you know I don't eat pork.
By the way I recall that the roadside memorium site wasn't the only thing you took picture of.
there was the creek that we had to turn around just to get back to that scene.
hm...
Now that I think of it, maybe you didn't take pictures there after all.
I was busy with my camera when you were working on your large format.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger mike said...

All right thinking people hate the Yankees.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

icarus... i thought you were someone else. what are the odds of knowing two people named icarus posting on my blog? 1,000,000,000,000:1?

mike... indeed! i loved hearing they got pounded the other day by the Indians!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home