f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Tuesday, June 27, 2006



Greetings Citizens. It was a nice day for a motorcycle ride yesterday. I took an obscure road out to the ocean (Carlton-Beaver) and made some images with my LensBaby (including this American flag). I like the effect but I think it is too easy to be heavy-handed in how you use this lens. Still, with a little bit of practice & experimentation, I think these "digital Diana" images have some potential.

So I don't think my workshops are going to happen. It seems no one is interested in learning alternative processes... or it is too expensive to learn. Either way, I don't think the classes are going to fly.

The bad news is that I lose out on some teaching experience and money, the good news is that I can leave for Maine! I'm 85% certain that I am going to make a road trip back to Maine. I plan on traveling along the border (US 2) until I get to Michigan then cross into Canada until I cross back into Vermont.

Talked to Ralph today. He's a friend from Galesburg where I did an Artist-in-Residency a few years back. It was nice to catch up!

I also got to chat with R last night. We were able to discuss the "infamous pizza incident". I think the whole thing was a giant misunderstanding for both of us and I am glad to report it is behind us now.

3 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesing. I just looked up the lensbaby. Seems I had heard of it... I envy your trip. Very interesting route!

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

it was a fun route. there was a three mile stretch of unpaved road but other than that the road was twisty & fun!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger shasta said...

that photograph makes me dizzzzzy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home