f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Monday, June 26, 2006

Greetings Citizens. I have always been a big fan of William Christenberry's work. I was exposed to his work early on and he will forever remain in my "Top Ten" of favorite photographers. Little surprise then that sometime I try to make images in his style like this old house. My fail by comparison but I still like trying.

Yesterday was a scorcher and today is supposed to be more of the same. It's a good day to hide from the heat and work on some images. I got a Lensbaby the other day and I'm looking to make some images with it. Maybe this evening when the light is nice and the temperature isn't so unbearable....

2 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Icarus said...

My God!
I like the photos
taken by William Christenberry
I've found on the web!
I didn't know his work back then
but that leeward motel(was that it?)
image that you've shown me
looks quite like his style!
...
I guess
I might as well check and see
if this library has any book of his.

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

his early work is what i like best. it was all made with simple fixed-lens cameras like kodak brownies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home