f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Greetings Citizens. Talked with TLC last night. We chatted for a long time about Photography and teaching. It was nice to speak with her again. She's very busy with grad school at ASU and seems to be working on some solid ideas (from what I could hear). I'm looking forward to seeing her newest work since I was such a big fan of her earlier work.

I was going to take Heidi out and make some pinhole images yesterday. I got the bike all loaded, had warmed her up and had pulled her out of the garage when she just died. I lost all my electricity! The battery is still good so Steve thinks some corrosion in a connection under the gas tank may be the culprit. A guy that works for him is stopping by this morning to take a looksie to find out. Of course I have no way of getting the bike over to Dundee so if it needs to be moved, I have to wait until Steve can get up here to get it. Which means I need to figure out a way to get over there to pick it up when it is fixed!

So I tried to make images with the ceramic pinhole camera with some Polaroid 600 film I had laying around. The camera was a tiny bit too small so I didn't make an image (that turned out). I ended up with some messed-up piece-of-crap that an art gallery would call Art though. It's for sale for $247K. Any takers?

2 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger mike said...

That bike problem sounds exactly like what happened to me and John once. We were living on Bainbridge and figured we'd take our bikes out for a ride. But John's Vulcan 750 died on him only a block from the house. The bike had no electricity. We pulled the gas tank and tried to trace the short, but we could never find it. We put the tank back on and the bike fired right up. He (and later I) used that bike for the next three years and never had another electrical problem with it. Go figure.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

so guess what happened mike. that's right.... it started right up this morning. i took it out to my mechanic's garage and we replaced the switch that the starter relay plugs into plus we put in a new battery. i won't tell you how much it cost.rityuc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home