f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Friday, December 16, 2005

Greetings Citizens. I think the hardest part of teaching is handing out the grades. Especially when you like the kids in spite of the absence of work. But fair is fair and I have to do the hard stuff. The grades went like this: 7-A's, 3-C's, 2-D's & 3-F's. The ones that got the F's won't be surprised. One of the D students had mono and missed two weeks. I suggested he withdraw because there wasn't enough time. He didn't. The other D student left two weeks early and joined the circus. She attempted to do 10 weeks of work in 16 hours. She got it done but it was all half-assed and shoddy. The C students didn't try and the A students did.. simple as that!

It was a melancholy ride home. I listened to Miles Davis and wondered what I could have done differently. But when I think of the fine things the A students made, I can't really hold myself too much to blame.

When I got home I met Amber for a coffee. She's Meg's secretary at Chemeketa. I showed her some prints and we chatted. And here's something for you... my horoscope for the day:

Someone at your place of work could suddenly find you very attractive, dear Pisces, and make no secret of it today. How you respond, of course, depends on you, but if you don't reciprocate this person's feelings, don't respond positively simply because you're flattered. This could cause trouble for you down the line, particularly if this person holds a position of authority. Remember, you're a romantic. Hold out for the right person!

Can you guess what happened? Too weird! I don't normally pay much attention to such silly things. I'm sure it was only a coincidence but still....

When I returned safely to my confines at the Parkview Apartments, I proceeded to call Leah. (She's the right person)! We talked for a while. I told her that Big Mike might be able to get us backstage when the Nutcracker finished. That made her day. Hearing her laugh made mine.

After I hung up, I watched Secondhand Lions. It was stupid but that didn't stop me from crying!
Sometimes I feel like such a sap!

5 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger shasta said...

awwww. marky mark and leah. good good. also, miles davis shares my birthday. i'm so hot.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

you're hotter than a firecracker on the fourth of july, gf!let's hope that me & leah work out, eh?

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Andy said...

sweet image today Mark

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger shasta said...

here's hopin. and prayin. and thinkin. and plannin. and hold her, and kiss her, and show her that you caaaaree...

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

thanks andy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home