f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Monday, November 21, 2005

Greetings Citizens. Here's a pinhole photo from Seattle. It's of the Cowboy Hat and Boots... a Jet City landmark from the 50's. This image was made while a preservation group was digging it up from its old site. You can see the skeleton of cowboy hat in the background. They removed the concrete before moving it. In the day it was a skater's dream to get up on it. You could actually see track mark where people had skated it. The boots were bathrooms. I think we're looking at the boy's room. Now they're safely ensconced in a park... gentrified for all to see.

I've been invited by the Pinhole Resource to contribute some images to an international pinhole gallery. I'd be a fool not to submit. They're looking for 10 images from 30-40 prominent pinhole photographers. This will be one of them. So nine more to find.

School was okay today. One of my kids, who hasn't been around for a couple of weeks, was back. I asked why she hadn't been around and her response was, "I was someplace I couldn't leave." Sounds like jail to me. Hmmmm. She was trying to get caught up but I don't think she can make it. Well, she probably can get everything done but getting a good grade too might be a problem.

I should have called Mark N. after class but I spaced out. Instead, I rode home before it got too cold out. When I got home I made supper and watched Minnesota defeat the Packers on MNF.

2 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger shasta said...

congrats!

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home