f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Sunday, November 20, 2005


Greetings Citizens. Another old Polaroid. This one from the work of ET Wickham's work in Palmyra, Tennessee. This is one of the coolest places that I have ever photographed. One of these days I'm going to have to get the 8x20 negatives I shot at this place processed. For now, be content with this image made with an old glass lens on 4x5 film. I'd love to return there to see what changes have happened... if the place is more degenerated or if someone has stepped up and preserved the work of a vital artist.

I spent the weekend at Mom & Dad's house. I picked up my Porsche 356B which has been in pieces since 1987. It cost some substantial coin to fix. All of my house money is nearly gone but I have the car. It is so fun to drive! I nearly forgot. I scooted home cruising at 70MPH without a care. It was funny to have people slow down to admire it before accelerating forward.

Me and the folks watched my beloved Cougars pull out the victory against are arch-rivals the Huskies. Trandon Harvey, who had set himself up to be the goat by muffing a punt return, caught a screen pass with 1:30 left and sprinted 40 yards to redemption and Cougar glory. To say it was a Cinderella finish for the senior is an understatement. Our running back had over 200 yards rushing. And given the victory we avoided occupying the cellar alone. We're tied with the Dawgs for dead last but we beat them so they're the last team listed in the standings. Small compromise for a horrible season but at least we beat them!

Driving home, I thought of calling Leah, in the "Couv" but got cold feet. Later this evening, I got my nerve up and called. We had a nice chat and arranged to get together after the Turkey Day weekend. She's a sweet little thing and her kids are well-mannered and nice, too. I'm looking forward to seeing her again. It's been awhile.

3 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger shasta said...

get those 8x20's developed!!!!!!! don't fear the reaper!!!!

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is how it used to look...
http://wickhamstonepark.com

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

thanks for the link arlen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home