f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Monday, November 14, 2005

Greetings Citizens. Today was my evaluation day. Jim H., head of the art department, watched me do my thing for about 40 minutes. And I think it went well. There were a few people absent but there was still a good turn-out. They were making good work and asking smart questions. The kids made me look clever without even trying. Jim, I think, was surprised at the variety of work being made as well as the quality. So, the day went well. They are starting to panic about what they should be making for their final projects... which is good, they should be panicking!

Got home and finished up the soup I made yesterday as I watched a surprising victory by the Cowboys over the Eagles. Tried to call Donna but she must be working one of her 15 hour days.

I should tell you about this image. It's from an Indian school in Brigham City, Utah. They tore the thing down. I managed to sneak in a few times to make some images. This is a scene inside the front door of one of the main building. As you can see some good Mormon kids got into the place too. They managed to do a bit of damage to the place and defaced the painting by gouging the faces out before shooting the 'noble savages' with their paint ball guns.

Now I am off to bed to do some reading before drifting of into la-la land.

4 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger shasta said...

that twas a strange place.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

it was. dunker made some great camera obscura images there in the dorms.

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger shasta said...

ahhh dunker. you still talk to him?

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

not really. i do visit him when i'm in logan though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home