f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Friday, July 29, 2005

Greetings! Is anyone out there reading the dull life I live? Comments are few and far between.

I did nothing today. Quite an accomplishment for a lay-about such as yours truly. Well, I did clean the apartment a little... and washed some dishes. Phewwww, if THAT don't take it out of ya.

Tomorrow I've got a football game. I'm looking forward to it. The last one was a blast. Hopefully, this one will be just as exciting. It's supposed to be 85 degrees at kick-off.

I'm meeting Don A. and his wife Tricia for coffee tomorrow. I met Don one day while I was parking my BMW next to his Honda. We hit it off and now we get together every once in awhile. He is into fountain pens. He's got quite an impressive collection of them. I bought a throw-away from him and I love it. It adds a certain panache to bill paying.

3 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Blogger shasta said...

its always good to know someone obsessed with fountain pens. do you know who invented the fountain pen? its a classic trivial pursuit card. thanks for the comic relief.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

jeeves says it was william purvis... a black man.

 
At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"William Purvis of Philadelphia invented and patented improvements to the fountain pen in 1890. William Purvis made several improvements to the fountain pen in order to make a "more durable, inexpensive, and better pen to carry in the pocket." Purvis used an elastic tube between the pen nib and the ink reservoir that used a suction action to return any excess ink to the ink reservoir, reducing ink spills and increasing the longevity of the ink. Fountain pens were first patented as early as 1809."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home