f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Monday, July 11, 2005

So this morning I had to go to an orientation meeting for my work with Catholic Community Services. I learned that I can't tell stories, sexually harass anyone or spank Kyle. I guess that's good to know. Kyle started working today. They were impressed with his abilities and moved him a rung up the ladder. (Yea! Kyle).

I rode my Beemer out to Scio..."Covered Bridge Capital of the West"...to do (what else?) photograph covered bridges. I was looking for something nostalgic to photograph with one of my pinhole cameras. It's an old Kodak 1A that I "Frankensteined". I like it. It's fairly light, has a viewfinder that gives me a good idea what I'm composing and shoots film. I get eight frames which means I can get three or four scenes on a roll with some bracketing to ensure success. I stopped in Scio for a sandwich and juice to eat at the Larwood Bridge (Built in 1939). The weather was nice and warm, the sandwich was tasty and I had a good ride.

When I got home I worked on some crap around the house, cleaned up a little and went to the Asian grocery store to buy some Kim Chee. Then I made some rice and grilled a teriyaki pork tenderloin. Yummy. I figure if I am going to be eating soup for a few days while I'm camping might as well make something nice.

I'm trying to figure out how much camera gear I can bring on my trip. When I rode my bike back to Maine I had a Diana and a pinhole camera. This trip I am hoping to take a 4x5 and a digital camera too. The D-70 fits nicely in my tank bag which makes it east to get to. I have a waterproof duffel bag the (I think) will hold my 4x5 and tripod as well as a tripod and my cooking gear. Last trip, I had way too much stuff I didn't even use. It'll be fun times. I need a break. All this unemployment has me looking forward to a vacation! Ha! Every day is a vacation for Marky-poo.

2 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, being unemployeed isn't all that much of a vacation even though some may think so.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

you said it brother but who amongst us will believe it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home