f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Friday, July 01, 2005

Just believe. That was a central theme in Finding Neverland. What a wonderful movie. It's about failure and rising above it. About tragedy and being stronger because of it. And it is about remaining a child in a grown up world.

Given my current state of affairs, I probably couldn't have seen this flick at a better time. Thank God nobody was around to see me when I turned the faucets on at the end. Actually, I wish I had someone around to see me in that state (and others) but that's for another time.

On a more domestic note, I changed the oil and adjusted the valves on my motorcycle today. It's always a nervous time when I press the starter switch... hoping for the best and expecting the worse. But Heidi fired right up. I celebrated my mechanical proficiency by partaking in some mango sorbet.

Tomorrow, I may ride up to Seattle. So for all of my fans in Neverland, if there isn't a posting for a few days, fear not. I'll be back before you can say hippopotamus.

4 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finding Neverland was an incredible movie -- your writeup shows you are a motocycle man with feelings. I watched it after returning from an intense workshop in DEUTSCHLAND where my work was directed at adults. It was the perfect movie to help bring my spirits back to the part of the world where I create art aimed at a child's spirit. Have fun Vroom Vroomin' on your big bad motor scooter!

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...hippopotamus...

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

dang! you beat me. the vrooom was great.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger shasta said...

I'm glad j.depp inspired you.

ti jsi cislo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home