f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Greetings Citizens. Today the M's completed a sweep of the Angels. Simply amazing. Now they're only 12 games behind. Think they got a chance?

After the game, I went for a motorcycle ride and made a few pictures. I had been waiting for Kyle to call so we could go do something but he never did. Either something happened at his foster home or he spaced me out. So I went solo.

I started out making some flower pictures at Bush Park. There are a million rose bushes there. Well, maybe not a million but a lot... gobs, I say. So anyway, I busted off a few frames and then took off to Independence. There's an old pioneer cemetery there and I thought I'd make a few pinhole images to show for examples at a workshop I'm giving next month. When I got to the cemetery I really didn't feel like shooting anything. I just sort of ambled around reading the tombstones. After a while I decided to call Bart & Rita in Rhode Island. They, as well as anybody, realize my potential as a teacher of photography. More importantly, they know my devotion to the medium and my desire to pass that devotion along to others. So we talked about the state of Photography these days. We laughed at how we are perceived as dinosaurs in a medium that seems to change daily. Forty-five minutes later we said our goodbyes. Bart & Rita are very good to me. They sooth me when I'm distraught over the "teaching situation". And they are always big fans of my more serious work. I am always amazed at how Bart can identify threads going through my images that I don't fully see. He's able to elucidate things that are cloudy in my mind but present in my work. He's truly someone who has helped me grow as a photographer. Probably more than he knows.

When we finished talking, I finished my ride. The roads were twisty and there was little traffic. I seemed to be able to get on a good line for every corner. And that, dear friends, makes the ride most enjoyable.

Tomorrow I have to go to some orientation-thingy for Catholic community Services. I sure it will be excessively boring. With luck, coffee will be served.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home