f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Howdy Y'all. It is pretty hot here in our precious valley. It reached 96 degrees here... very uncommon. It was thirty degrees cooler on the coast.

My mechanic, Steve, called this morning to check up on me and Heidi. He's going to try and get down here sometime this week to pick her up. Jeff usually helps me but I think he's a little mad at me for having to drive five hours and sleep in his truck before helping me get back home. Can't say I blame him. I am dreading how much it's going to cost to get Heidi back on the road. But she's my main transportation so the work must be done. I have a Bronco II but it has 230K on it. The engine is reliable but Amos leaks fluids like you'd expect any old codger to do.

So I am supposed to go on a hike with Debra this Sunday. We made the date then I started thinking.... ain't I supposed to keep score for some American Legion baseball games for Dick S.? Now I'm in the proverbial pickle. I'd much rather go on the hike but I sort have already committed to Dick. I'll need to call him tomorrow and see if I can get out of it. Otherwise, I might be able to go on a short date with Debra before my football game on Saturday.

Not much else to report, really. My friend Jon interviewed for a teaching position today and has an other interview on Thursday. I hope he gets one of them! I know how frustrating it can be to be in the hunt and fall a little bit short.

Jon told me yesterday that the woman who is hiring for one of the jobs is disappointed I didn't apply for the job. That totally amazed me because she has n't had word one to say to me since we met. I think that she thinks that I'm an idiot who doesn't no the first thing about photography let alone teaching. She's a "player" in the photography organization I belong to too. I'm not renewing next year. I've become disillusioned with the organization and all it has to offer. (Which, from what I can see, is nothing). I'll invest in photo books and supplies instead.

Speaking of books, my good friend and purveyor of fine photographic books, Tim, has sent me a care package of remainders. I'm particularly interest in one called Illuminations, Women Writing on Photography from the 1850's to the Present. I expect to be an interesting perspective on photography. Most photo history seems to be male driven so this book should offer a different perspective on the medium. There's essays by some famous photographers that I'm looking forward to reading. Since photography has become an art dominated by women, I suppose it's about time I play a little catch-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home