f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I was talking to my friend, Mark N., today. He just bought an Agfa Clack so he could make large enough negatives to do some contact printing. He wants to make some cyanotypes and wants to do it "old-school". So, I was checking up on him, seeing how his test roll turned out. He was very happy with the results. Then we started talking about driving by things we want to photograph and never do... to little light, too much light, wrong direction, to wasted on barbiturates... you get the idea. Anyway, there's this restaurant near Fort Lewis, Washington that touts $1 Chinese food. (Sounds delicious, doesn't it)? So Mark mentions he has driven by this place more than once and is always in too much of a hurry to get home to photograph it. I said you better hurry up and shoot it. It might be gone one of these days. That's the way it goes... you snooze, you lose. God knows it has happened to me on more than one occasion. Here's one I got before it was destroyed. (Eyes left)

It was on a guy's garage... now it's not. Must have got married!

So I was supposed to chaperone a putt-putt event staged for the troubled youth today. ("Be there at noon.") I get to the place we were supposed to meet ( at least, where I think we're supposed to met and, guess what!, nobody's there. So i ride around looking for trouble kids but all I see are oldsters with Parkinson disease having a picnic. I scoot over to the putt-putt course and no troubled youth there either. So I went home. Nobody called to alert me unchaperoned hooligans had taken over the city so I guess all is still well in our boring little city.

I went and bought a mess kit for my journey this weekend. It's east to have too much crap on a motorcycle. And this is the first time I'm cooking so I wanted to keep the cooking supplies to a minimum: single-burner propane stove, mess kit & silverware, Melitta coffee maker and filters, salt and pepper, pot holder, sponge and soap. Should do the trick.

As for camera gear... I'll be loaded to the gills! More than enough to get from A to B and back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home