f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Greetings Citizens. This time Friday I should be in a different time zone hunkering down at a campsite somewhere near The Rockies. I can wait. I haven't been the happiest fellow on the planet lately and I know that I feel better being out traveling the back roads again.

I still think about her all the time. Each time the phone rings I hope it is her calling. It never is. I suppose it's all over. She wants to just be friends. Sorry, can't do it. I 'm hoping a lethal dose of fresh air will clear my head so that when I return this is what I'll hear:

Oh, when I was in love with you


Oh, when I was in love with you,
Then I was clean and brave,
And miles around the wonder grew
How well did I behave.

And now the fancy passes by,
And nothing will remain,
And miles around they'll say that I
Am quite myself again.

Alfred Edward Housman
That's what I am hoping for anyway.

Tomorrow I'm packing, getting some maps & washing Heidi. Oil's good, tires are good. I'm good!

5 Comments:

At 1:22 AM, Blogger mike said...

I envy you your ride.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

since you've grown weary of changing tires, maybe you should come along!

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger mike said...

I'm stuck here for at least a couple more months.

 
At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you have a grooovy time in the Rockies!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger shasta said...

funny. have a good time. bring the french press.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home