f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Greetings Citizens. Well the snow has melted and things have returned to normal. Went to a concert with Mark N of Friday. We saw the Greyboy Allstars at the Crystal Ballroom. The ballroom has ball bearings under the floor so it bounces around when you walk (dance) on it. Given the beats the band was laying down, the place was hopping. Aimee was going to come along too but her brother and girlfriend were in town. So we sold off her ticket and Mark and I had a boys night out.

Yesterday, I spent time at the lab... like I did on Friday afternoon too. Those who were there are making some nice work. Rhonda especially is impressing me. She's started a series photographing homeless people. She brings her subjects a sandwich and a pair of socks for helping her out. She also asks them to write something on mat board, which she'll mount the print onto. It is a very ambitious project for a beginning student. She'll be continuing on into my Photo II class Spring Quarter. I also got to meet two of her kids. They were very nice... a chip off the block, I guess.

Today I'm meeting Mel. She was a roomie at USU and hails from Brisbane, Australia. She's in town for a ceramics convention that ended last night. So we'll go around and see the sights and eat some vittles. I'm going to try and get some photography in too. I have to make a couple of composite images for the class I am taking. I either have to make a panoramic that is seamed together or a composite ala David Hockney.

And my guts are churning over the questions I have to respond to for the full-time job. As a friend told me, "You have the answers in your head you just need to get them down on paper." Well, easier said than done! Okay, maybe I should start the process....

3 Comments:

At 12:39 AM, Blogger shasta said...

if this is the mel i'm thinking of, i loved her paintings...

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

not the same mel. this mel is from australia and is a mud-flinger. you'd like her work too!

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger shasta said...

i like mud fingers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home