f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Friday, March 03, 2006

Greetings Citizens. Yesterday my horoscope told me to take care of matters that needed taking care of... so I went and had coffee with Mark N.. Then I came home and took my camera backpack to Johann's Mountain Shop for fixing. The zipper on it has been broken for years and has provided a great excuse to not shoot with my 5x7 Deardorff. As luck would have it, the zipper on my riding suit decided to break when I went to take it off in the parking lot. So that will be repaired too. It made for a chilly ride home but Gary will be putting in a heavier zipper that will handle the stress of everyday use.

When I got home I was going to clean up the homestead but instead talked to Jack D. and Tim W. (both of which just returned from Mexico). Jack is a great source of camera equipment and has provided me and my students with great deals for years. He hooked a student up recently with a sweet Rolleiflex twin lens. But there's something wrong with the film counter, so I'll be sending it back for repairs today. He's sending out a 'user' for her to use in the meantime. I asked him to start looking for another Domke back and point-and-shoot digital camera to replace the one stolen from me earlier last month. After the phone calls, I made chicken strips with mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner.

So today's agenda includes cleaning my apartment. (This time for reals)! I also need to make new notes for my digital non-credit class. I have an all-day session tomorrow and my notes were in my stolen Domke bag. I also think I'll ride over to Vancouver and turn in my submissions for the 'man show' at the Sixth Street Gallery. If I'm lucky, Leah will be there and we'll be able to sneak out for a cup of coffee.

4 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger shasta said...

i want to play pac man even more now...on an old atari.

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger mike said...

There must be a place like Johann's in Seattle. The snap under the right epaulet on my black leather jacket is broken. I'm hoping it's something that can be repaired for cheap.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

epaulet? i had to look that word up! i'm sure there's someone out there who can fix it. ask your mechanic where they take their stuff to be fixed. that's how i found johann's.

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger mike said...

It's from all my years in the Air Force. Everything I wore had epaulets.

That's a good suggestion about asking my mechanics. I never even thought of that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home