f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Greetings Citizens. Apparently, there will be a full-time position opening up at PCC. The Dean of the Art Department told me to be watching the job opportunities list as he was leaving on Wednesday. I would have to think that they plan on hiring either me or S, who also teaches there as an adjunct. I don't know about her, but it would be a sweet job for me to land. I'd be very happy. I remember being at the Workshops, in Maine, telling everyone all I want to do is teach Photography at a community college. And now, all these years later, the opportunity has presented itself! So we'll see what happens.

Most kids finished their pinhole assignment. Some didn't quite get things done either through disaster or laziness. I was mildly surprised at some of the images they made. Usually, they don't get too far out the door before peeling back the tape. But more than one student took their cameras off campus to make an exposure. It's a serious leap of faith because they don't see the changes in light very well. Therefore, they tended to make poor exposures. Still, you have to give them credit for trying. One thing they do have to learn in a hurry is that they need to pick up after themselves. They made awful messes in the darkroom and the class room. The woman who teaches the non-credit night class gave me the business for the way the room was left for her. That will happen only once.

Today I was going to move some stuff up to my new apartment but I fell asleep on the couch. Getting only four or five hours a sleep a night is beginning to catch up to me. Anyway, I did manage to mat some prints for a couple of shows and get them to the frame shop before my digi-class got started. There were only three students, so class went smooth and was pretty much personally directed toward what they wanted/needed to learn.

I grabbed a root beer at the store and listened to the Cougars blow a basketball game to the Ducks. We had a one-point lead with 12 seconds left in the game. We missed two free throws and the Ducks hit a three-pointer with .04 seconds left on the clock. Harsh.

6 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger Happy Villain said...

I love this image!

It would be very cool if you got the full-time gig and I really hope you do.

Get some sleep because I really want you to explain pinhole photography to me when you are awake.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger shasta said...

disaster! yes! disaster! i love disasters that become happy happy!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

i like the disaster-people because they learn to deal with adversity early-on and are able to cope with it better. the ones who luck-out and have no troubles early-on tend to meltdown when things don't go right at the end of the term.

pinhole is fun!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Icarus said...

i very much like this image. verra much.

i hope you get the full time gig, suga booga.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Darren Clark said...

Mark,
Good Luck on the full-time opportunity. You deserve it.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

thanks everyone for the positive support. let's hope it all plays out for the best!

off to the big city with a load of stuff. (books are heavy)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home