f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Greetings Citizens. So I'm checking my emails this morning before I do some packing. And one of them is from Smith E., the other photo teacher where I'm teaching. And she has a message introducing me to he boss at another community college where she teaches. It seems her boss needs a digital photography teacher at a school near to where I am moving. Can you believe that? Anyway the woman calls me twice on the phone for a total of five minutes and the job is mine. A 3-credit digital photography class.... beginning spring quarter! I can't believe it myself! And that means I can drop the non-credit class. I enjoy it but the money isn't there. Plus this new class is at the same time and 30 minutes closer to home.

I turned in three images to Sixth Street Gallery today for a photo show. Of course I hand-delivered the images to L. We had a coffee and a nice talk. She told me she needed some space because her old boyfriends are driving her nuts. I said I wouldn't hound her like the idiots who dumped her but that I was smitten with her. She smiled. She told me she likes having conversations with me; I told her she has the softest lips I've ever kissed. And to my great relief, not once did she say, "Let's just be friends." So, of course I'm a little saddened by the this turn of events but I think things will turn out well for us in the end.

7 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger shasta said...

Congratulations on both counts! I'm happy for you.

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Happy Villain said...

Congrats on the job! That is so cool! So, is this 30 minutes farther away for me to commute (hee hee) to the class, or 30 minutes closer? Because 1,800 miles minus a half hour is looking slightly easier. :)

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Icarus said...

yes, congratulations, congratulations! :D

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger shasta said...

have i seen this image before?

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

maybe, i'm due to get out and do some shootiing but the weather has been horrible here. it has rained 25 of the last 26 days. i remember the day it didn't rain... i went for a three-hour motorcycle ride.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Jon said...

Smith came through for you! Great!

Slow progress, but hey, compared to where you were last January . . . Wow, was that only a year ago? Seems like a lot longer. Good old PCC Gallery.

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

things do seem to be going well these days. no shit! a year ago, i wasn't doing nothing. now things are looking better than ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home