f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Greetings Citizens. A slacker's day today. Rode the motorcycle (yes, in the rain!) up to a staff meeting at PCC. Afterwards, I moved an enlarger over from the newspaper's darkroom. They went out of business and were unloading stuff. The enlarger is in good shape and the lenses are even better. They had a shit-load of trays and even some old Agfa Portriga Rapid. It probably is age-fogged but it is worth investigating. That was one of the best photo papers ever made... even better than Forte when it was made with water containing heavy metals.

When I got home I had an early supper and fell asleep watching the news. My Dad woke me up with a phone call. I watched some of the Friday night news reviews on PBS and drank some tea. Then I tried to call L but she was out and about. Settled into a movie: 2046. The imagery was great and I liked the story though reading the text difficult at times because it went so fast. Still I give it a thumbs up. Now I'm off to bed with the silly notion that I can run a load of books up to my new pad tomorrow and get back in time to see the Seahawks football game.

5 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger shasta said...

ooooooo portriga rapid ooooo ahhhhh

i like the wierdness from some fogged paper. 'specially color paper.

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

i just hope it isn't fogged. i used to print with that paper in the 80's!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Icarus said...

gonna check out the film, thankies.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Icarus said...

(aaaaaaannnnnnnd) the colors in this photo are incredible!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

the movie is lush and thanks for the compliment, icarus!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home