f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Greetings Citizens. Today was a day to stay inside and take care of business. I confirmed today that the digi-job was mine at Clackamas CC. I talked with the department head for some time about what we felt was important to be teaching art students. We seemed to have the same notions. I definitely owe Smith a favor (or two) for helping me get the job! I also did all the stuff you need to do when moving from one place to another: bought tape, got change of address forms, called the utilities, etcetera, etcetera. Then I had to go see Meg at Chemeketa to tell her I wouldn't be back in the spring. I mentioned that I had tried to get a credit job there but the department head didn't seem to be interested in me. Meg was disappointed but understood where I needed to move forward. After that, I went to my class. It was fun. I like my group this session. They're funny and are eager to learn the necessary steps. After the class ended, I helped a women work on an image of her Mother. It was the last image made of her in her house before the kids had to make the difficult decision to put her in a rest home. I showed her how to do it and she was extremely grateful. That is what makes teaching special!

2 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger shasta said...

*gently soaks up tear from corner of eye with delicate finger"

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

how was the date, shasta?... "gently pulls condom from wallet"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home