f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Greetings Citizens. Another melancholy night for your humble protagonist. On Shasta's suggestion I watched the Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. It is a fine movie. But, like many others I am sure, it dug up a past that reminds me of what a fool I've been in my life. It particularly reminded me of my relationship with Karen R.. (The "R" is now a "G"). She was the best thing to happen to me in my life and somehow I let her slip away. It was so many years ago, gentle readers, but I have never forgotten how happy I was then. I remember our days together like it was yesterday. I should... I've replayed them in my mind so many times (to paraphrase Bob Dylan) I know every scene by heart. Now as I am writing this I am listening to sappy songs... getting all misty-eyed. And the first song I hear is Doctor Wu which is from the time we were together. It knocks me down like a bowling pin.

2 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger shasta said...

oh marcus. i'm sorry i suggested it. have you tried speed dating?

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

don't be sorry, it WAS a good movie. and, besides, i hear crying is good for your health!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home