f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Greetings Citizens. Today's image is a little blast from the past. Yes, that's right! That is your humble protagonist and his 1966 Pontiac GTO. Note the sleek lines... not the car, silly readers, me! And check out that mop of hair. I think that picture has got to be thirty years old. Where has the time gone?

Well, my calf still hurts like h$%&. I had two kiddie games today. They hid me in the middle so I didn't have to do too much running. I came home and got it elevated while I watched the White Sox win. And I saw my beloved Cougar lose yet again in the waning minutes. Again, poor play-calling down the stretch cost them the game. It's gut-wrenching to watch them.

One of my fellow officials in today's games is in training to become a priest. I don't know how we got on the subject but we got into a discussion about Andres Serrano's Piss Christ. Needless to say, I wasn't able to convince the dear padre of the beauty in the image. He was surprised when I told him I was both an artist and a Catholic and that I enjoy the image. Is it controversial? Sure. You can find an interesting poem about the image here.

3 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger shasta said...

you look like such a little rapscallion. i don't think i spelled that right. but i sure do want to pinch that 70's cheek of yours...

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is the other Duke brother in the trunk?

that is a great photo mark!!!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

I think Daddy made that image with a German EXA camera. I have that camera buried away somewhere. Shasta, you can pinch my cheek anytime. the other duke bro is at the neighbor's house stripping some parts off their rigs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home