f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Wednesday, October 12, 2005


Greetings Citizens. As someone who has umpired a game, or two, of fast-pitch softball in my day, I am shocked at the horrible call made tonight in the ALDS game in Chicago. The batter swings at strike three, the catcher catches the ball the umpire signals strike three then out. Simple, right? Wrong! The umpire at home hangs his partners out to dry after the catcher rolls the ball into the infield thinking the inning is over. The home plate umpire doesn't make a call after the runner reaches first. The manager comes out to complain but the crew chief and the home plate umpire don't have the sense to ask the one person who could have seen the play (the third base umpire) until a very long delay. After such a long delay, in fact, that his hands are tied and has to agree with the original call. Simply unbelievable. I can assure you this: one, if not all, of the umpires on that crew are done working post-season ball for a very long time.

On a lighter note, my kids did their EI Tests today. It was the usual mistakes and questions but I think most of them did it right... or close enough... that they won't have to do it again. And I had a new student sign into my class. Unheard of at this late date but she wanted in so I let her come aboard. I hope it isn't a mistake (for either one of us). She's behind but not so far that she can't catch up if she applies herself. I have all the confidence in the world.

Here is today's blog after being run through Altavista Babel Fish Translation:

The consideration the citizen emits. He placed in the experimentation the match like some person, or two, throws fast softball the day of the mine, I am beaten attacked in the terrible telephone this evening in the competition of ALDS in Chicago?? balance strikes three, the behaviours of the collector the sign of the referee sphere to strike it then three. Simple, correct? Error! The referee makes to a pause his partner the rest be dried then that the collector rolls the sphere to incorporate to cultivate to think of the department is the conclusion. The referee home of the plate of plate does not make a moment of the call of telephone firstly to arrive after the runner. The manager comes for except complaint but the chief of the group and the referee home of the plate of plate had not felt that the request could pay attention to the person do?a play (three to build the referee) until the extremely long detention. Then that such long detention, in the costume, its hand is moored above and must agree the primitive telephone. It is simply incredible. I can guarantee his this one: One, if it is not all, the referee made at the time of work then this group time not - eternal of the sphere. In a clearer note, my child carried out his test of IE today. Is this one the usual error and the question but me thought of the majority which corrected... or the foot? he approaches... that they not to be able to have another time to him so that make. And I have a student new A symbolize in my type. Its assembly did not hear with this dates late but to be desired conséquentement leaves for me. I waited until this one was not the error (for or our halves). It behind but thus is moved away which is unable to stop it if diligently. I have all confidence in the world.

3 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger shasta said...

wow. i'm so stoked about that babel fish.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

it's sooooo funny. especially when you use three or four different languages.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Icarus said...

{i love this image!} i'm sorry for the sudden flood of comments -- i'm just catching up.

i get behind on things, it's so easy to do... :\

 

Post a Comment

<< Home