f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Greetings Citizens. Again! the images load with no problems. I must be livin' right.

I had the craziest dream last night. I was playing soccer with Franz Beckenbaurer. He needed one goal to eclipse some record and my task was to feed him the ball to make his career complete. I tried to cross the ball to him but a defender thwarted the attempt. We got it back and I sent another ball across for Franz to head into the goal. He missed but my high school buddy was right there to deflect it in. But on further review it was determined that Cal had not touched the ball and the goal was mine. There was intense celebration and I was a hero. Even Franz was happy for me. Isn't that nuts? I haven't played soccer for years. I probably die if I tried now! I've been having all sorts of odd dreams lately. Every night before I go to sleep I recite to myself,"I will remember, I will remember, I will remember...." The strangest ones occur shortly after I've fallen asleep. Because when I wake up, it has only been an hour or so since I went to bed. I think I read that this is the time that is most conducive to astral projection! I hope so. I want to fly!

I had my digi-non-credit class tonight. It was fun. There are ten students and I am the youngest person in the room. None of them are "Photographers" but they are all eager to learn as much as we can cram into the remaining six hours. Tonight we talked about their cameras and setting things up for success. Next week we start doing some image editing. Hopefully, they can all shoot some images and burn a CD.

Tomorrow my kids at PCC get their first assignment. Two kids already dropped. Pussies! But that's okay. There are four others hoping to get in.

5 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Blogger shasta said...

Congrats on zee teaching success!


pretty.... you've definately been exploring your sensual side with these pics. i always want to rub these walls with my finger. have you thought about fookin' around with the abstractions you find by shooting from different angles and distorting the field-o-focus?

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

hi shasta,

no, i'm pretty much a straight-on straight photographer. however, i may have to try alterng my shooting method just for laughs and giggles.

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark. Shasta sent me your address. I love the photos -- so glad you took the time to upload them. My favorites are those for Sept 21 and Sept 26th. Gorgeous. Reminds me of the ocean -- some kind of mysterious beauty that I'll never quite grasp, but it takes my breath away nonetheless. Thanks.

By the way, I'm so happy to hear that you are teaching again. Just the other night, I was thinking about how lucky I was to have you as a teacher. Changed the course of my life. Thanks again.

Marci

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Icarus said...

it's amazing how mutable our dreaming lives are. you're doing great work.

and your photos are incredible. :)

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

marci, it makes me very happy to hear the kind words you say. and it makes me even happier in knowing that i was a positive influence in your photography and in your life. like i said, it makes me very happy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home