f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Greetings Citizens. I spent most of the day working on my syllabus for my Black & White Photography class that begins on Monday. I had a little difficulty deciding what can be accomplished in a 10 week program. Regrettably, I had to take pinhole photography out of the schedule. While I think it is a fascinating and fun part of photography, something had to give. Maybe next quarter I'll try to get it into the curriculum.

Tomorrow morning I need to get down to the Senior Center to make sure I am familiar enough with the tools of Adobe Elements to teach the digital class there on Tuesday. My how it all has snuck up on me.

Both classes are full and I am getting emails to see if there's any extra space. The B&W class has 20 students and 14 enlargers... do the math!

My football game today was a blow-out! What made it worse was the team that was ahead kept running up the score. I hate that! I had two "phantom calls" to call back touchdowns and the score still was 46-0. The losing kids played hard... I'll give them that. They could easily have given up but they stuck together and had fun in spite of the score. Their coach was a class act too. He could have volleyed some harsh words across the field but didn't. He shook hands with the winners as though the score had been close. But I'll tell you this: he won't forget that team ran it up on him and his team. Someday he'll have a chance at paybacks... and my bet is that he'll take it.

3 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger shasta said...

mark tapies strikes again. nice image (pronounce "image" with the same g sound you'd use in "homage") heeee hee ehe

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are "phantom calls"?

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

when a team is running up the score we sometimes call penalties that didn't really happen. a mystery hold or a phantom block in the back. when the coach asks for a number we'll say that, "we didn't get a number, sorry coach."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home