f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Monday, September 05, 2005



Greetings Citizens.

My problems with my blog continue. I am having troubles uploading images and even putting text on a page. I may have to find another blog spot if the problems continue. I've emailed blogger.com so we'll see if they have anything to say.

I talked to my friend Donna at USU this evening. She is teaching an independent study photography class in the art department. She's got seniors taking one credit and sophomores taking eight credits and it's basically a mess trying to figure out a grading policy, how to handle critiques, etc., etc.. She doesn't normally teach classes so it is a little daunting for her. I offered some tidbits that I thought might help her and provided some encouragement. She's in a tough spot. Especially when you consider she already has a 60 hour per week job with the university already. (A job outside the department). She took the teaching position as a favor to her friend an assistant professor who left on short notice.

That phone call was the highlight of my dreary day though the sun was shining. I watched the Mariners vs A's game on the boob tube. Made stuffed peppers for dinner then more TV (Miami vs Florida State football game).

I had about six cups of coffee today as I continued to fine-tune my brewing skills with my 1950's Atomic Espresso Maker. I've just about got myself dialed in. I can hardly wait to take it on a camping trip and have lattes in the morning.

5 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Blogger shasta said...

Is Donna still working at photo services then?



:)

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger shasta said...

creepy face on the wall. mysterious.

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

she is still working there. they've gone completely diital and she works out by the softball fields for whoever they are called. she doesn't do E-6 or copy work. Dunker picked up a lot of business doing copy work for people at the college.

it is a creepy image ain't it.

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger shasta said...

indeed

bjdiszkr

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Pirate said...

Great trip that Thomas Creek area. The valley is full of great places to drive and take pix.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home