f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Greetings Citizens. Spent most of the day studying football rules. Our association had its first test tonight and I needed to prepare. I work the Umpire slot. One of my responsibilities ( a good umpire will tell you my main responsibility) is to make sure the referee doesn't make a mistake. As a result, I need to know the rules as good as (if not better than) my referee. So I went through the books pretty thoroughly today. Chugged coffee and read rules.
And it paid off. I got a 97% score. And two of the questions were so poorly worded that nearly everyone missed them. So, I'm happy. The score also qualifies me to work post-season games. But I doubt I get any of those being new to the association and all.

The M's just beat the Yankees 8-2. Good win especially after blowing a 4-0 lead last night.

2 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger shasta said...

i'm not into spectator sports, but i like the idea of arguing with coaches from the position of referee..

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

i got the power, baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home