f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Sunday, August 21, 2005

G'day Mates!

It was almost a crime to say that in Australia a couple of days ago. Now we all can utter the phrase without fear of invasion. So go have a shrimp on the Barbie... or Ken (depending on your own personal preference).

So Mark N. stopped by today to pick up a sleeping bag and some film. Him and Aimee are heading down to the Redwoods for a little camping.

Aimee wanted to look at my images, so I dragged out a couple of boxes for her to take a look at. She wants to buy some. I say, "Bring it on." (The money that is). She, like Jon, Debra, et al., thinks I should be showing my work in a gallery. I don't disagree with that but I fear the rejection so we'll leave them under the bed for a while longer. I have purchased some mat board to mat a portfolio of 20 images. My problem is that I need to do a tight edit. It is something easier said than done. There is a friend in Maine, Fred S., that I'd trust to help me in the task... as in, I'd send him thirty images and he'd pick what he feels are the twenty best. I might have to do that, actually.

I cinched up my order for the Atomic coffee maker today. A little on the pricey side. But once I have everything assembled and the java is flowing I forget about the small matter of money.

This season my football association is assigning games over the internet using a program called Arbiter. It's pretty handy, really. Especially if you need to miss a meeting. I received my assignment for next week and I've got a 4A scrimmage. (A first for me in this association). I've refereed football for 17 seasons but I've moved around a little... I've belonged to associations in Washington, Maine, Utah and Oregon. Just about the time people realize that I know what I am doing, I move somewhere else to start all over again. It's kind of a drag but the important thing is that it is still fun. So as long as I'm working on Friday night, I'm a happy boy.

Tomorrow I'm committing myself to learning how to Zydeco dance. Debra, if you're out there, I hope you're impressed. (Or, at least, amused).

4 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger shasta said...

she's hot. and she wants to be kissed, mark.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

i certainly think she's a hottie! and i can't wait until the first smooch!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

i'm not sure whether or not she reads this post. she's never left a comment. i gave her the address a long time ago.

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't dance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home