f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Sunday, August 14, 2005


Greetings Citizens. Well after watching the M's blow another opportunity to win a ballgame, I decided to head out to my favorite half acre to photograph. I was there for about thirty minutes when a brand new pick-up pulled next to mine. I knew what was happening. A big man started to approach and I figured the best thing to do was meet him halfway. "Can I help you with something," he said. "No, not really, I'm just making some photographs of the metal." "And what do you do with these photographs," says the man. "I don't know.... print 'em up and put 'em in a box usually," says I. "Well, I own this place and we've been getting robbed lately." "Why would people steal iron? Isn't it only worth 5-6 cents a pound?" "Three, actually. But that isn't what there stealing." "Oh," is my brilliant reply. "Maybe you should start coming when someone is around so you don't have to answer to the police." "I thought it would be better if I came when no one was working so I wouldn't be in the way,"says yours truly. "Yeah, well come on Saturdays then. There's only a couple of people working then. I don't have a problem with you photographing here." [Music to my ears!]

The conversation continued for awhile. He was a nice guy. We exchanged business cards... his being his name and cell number written on a scrap of paper, mine a little more official looking. He told me to have fun and drove off. I photographed some more.

I think I'll have to show him what I'm doing now.

When I got home it was too hot to cook. So I had a cantaloupe from Hermiston.

3 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The work is beautiful. I would think he would love to see the work.

You need to show it off more. But still have fun photographing it.

I really enjoyed the day I was out there with you shooting. It was fun to sit back and watch you work. If I still had my digital, I might have had to rip off some of your project. :)

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

like i've said before, you can always go ahead and shoot the same stuff i'm shooting. it won't look (or feel) the same because it is made be two people with two unique visions.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger shasta said...

unique visions.....ahhh...le sigh... i'm glad the guy didnt end up thinking you actually were out to junk the joint.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home