f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Greetings Citizens. Good news! Portland Community College-Sylvania Campus has decided to pick me for the Fall Term teaching Introduction to Black & White Photography. Needless to say, I am as giddy as a schoolgirl! (I hope that comment isn't too politically incorrect to my female readers). At any rate, I am very happy to be getting the opportunity. Let's hope your humble narrator is able to make a go of this. Combined with my other class at Chemeketa, I almost have a career! It definitely will change the way I am going to approach my interview for the digital photo imaging technician job that I have on Monday. If I can get them to work around my teaching schedule I'll be sitting pretty. If not, oh well.

Went to visit Heidi today just to see if Steve and Chris had started working on her yet. They were just getting started when i got there. She may be ready to ride by next week. I hope so. I'm weary of driving with four wheels under me. Chris crashed last week. He looked over his shoulder for a moment too long and got into the soft stuff, lost control and dumped it. He did a few somersaults but lucked out and didn't get too banged up. The bike was totaled. Some passers-by, who saw the whole thing, thought for sure he was dead. But he's not. He's working on my bike.

I took Kyle up there with me. I thought it'd be good for him to see what sort of things people do for work. Steve and Chris enjoyed him. And we exchange snickers between all the idiot things Kyle said. Kyle has a disconnect between his brain and his mouth that seems to be prevalent among 16 year-old boys. Afterwards, we went to Calamity Jane's for a hamburger and fries. The kid uses too much salt and says "frick" too much. That's what I learned today.

Tomorrow I learn CPR so that when Kyle has a heart attack (from having too much sodium in his diet), I can save his life.

6 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word up on the job(s). My prayer must've gone through...amen

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Cristina said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Andy said...

congratulations about the teaching job! I hope your interview for the digital technician goes well.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger shasta said...

congratz congratz congratz

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

thanks for the positive feedback... i must say i'm happy to know that i found work and that my friends care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home