f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Greetings Citizens.

Is anyone out there? Does anyone pay attention to the images I post. I fear not. If you do, leave a comment for my troubled soul.

I've been going back into the archives for images to post. I think I'm going to have to post less or shoot more. Or repeat images. The major networks have reruns, Why can't I? In fact, I've accidentally duplicated one image. No one noticed, or cared.

So I found out today I am not qualified to be an Digital Photo Imaging Technician. I don't have the necessary computer skills for this high paying field apparently. So once again my Master's Degree in Art has let me down as I am unable to secure yet another $8 an hour job. The company did say that my ability to distinguish color was exceptional though. I am seeing red!

Sometimes I think I should have never quit smoking pot and stopped drinking. I should have kept my landscaping job mowing lawns by day and officiating in the evenings. I was baked constantly, was able to pay all my bills, had the same number of friends I do now, always had money in my pockets and was able to photograph whenever I wanted. Not too much has changed. I don't have any weed or money. I can't pay my bills. I have significantly more debt and I still photograph what I want. Only now I am expected to do something with my images. It's an art crime to just shoot for fun. I really do wonder how much going back to school did for me. I did find out that I'm an okay photographer but I still have the same phobia about showing my work. I've had a few shows and won a few awards for my work but so what. I guess that's my fifteen minutes of fame... four or five three-minute bursts of glory!

I mean, look at me! I'm pushing 50! And what do I have to show for it? Nothing. I have two part-time jobs that don't pay shit. My truck is broken down and leaks when it rains. I live in a town where I know no one. I feel honored when I get a telemarketer calling me.... even if they ask for Mrs. D! At least someone calls me. And when I get thrown on the street I'll have enough fat on me to survive for a few months. Gawd, I can't even have a dog because of apartment regulations and I hate cats. I forget what it is like to hold a woman... let alone sleep with one!

(Can you tell I'm not happy today)?

Really though, my life is better without the drugs. And I've met some wonderful people. But I'm lonely. That's all... just lonely. I want to be able to share my successes with someone. And my failures. (Lately, there's more of the latter). I want someone to talk to. And I'd like someone to cook every once in a while. I get tired of cooking for one every day!

8 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger shasta said...

Mark, how old are you again? I'll keep my eye out for any available chicks interested in meeting a funny guy. (I'm going to be meeting some older women artists soon, actually. My friend Kristina and I are going to try to begin a sort of SLC Mobius group of women artists..)

Anyway, I won't try to rub too much false cheer in your face. We all have those bad days. I will say, however, that the chiquita you eventually hook up with will be pretty lucky to be with a guy so anxiously engaged in good and artsy causes.




http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=%22mark+dungan%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

I'm 47 & never been kissed (if you don't count my Mom). I'll be better tomorrow.

 
At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't do anything for your sex life. I can't even do anything for my sex life right now. I can't do anything about it because I'm never NOT working.

I check out every photo you post. I honestly love them. I'm always amazed at what I see in them. Growing up in Auburn, I never even knew you had an artistic side. I always saw you as someone loud, brash, and always partying. Then I left home, spent 8 years in the Air Force and when I come home, you're an artist. I had no idea. But I'm always impressed.

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

thanks mike for the kindness to think of me as an artist. i don't really know whether that is true or not. i make pretty pictures but is there anything more to them than that? or is that enough?

i'm still loud and brash. i don't party much. (i'm seldom invited). people enjoy me from a distance but seldom dare to get too near. my phone hasn't rang for four days.

i remember visiting you at your place on queen anne hill. you, too, were someone different. someone i wished that i had gotten to know better.

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger shasta said...

you should write a post about your first kiss you joker.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Darren Clark said...

Mark,
I also view your posts everyday, though I know I seldom post to your blog. I really get a kick out of your ramblings and your imagery (print trade?) If you are ever really bored and have a little time, come on over. Jon and I will take you out in the desert and we can spelunk and catch horny toads and roast marshmellows.

By the way, I'm a little bit scared by the second to last line in your blog. You may be in a bad mood, but please don't cook anybody. Take it easy.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

darren, people actually taste very good.... like chicken! i like to serve mine with caramelized onions and a nice milk gravy. a nice pinot gris accompanies the meal well.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger shasta said...

mmmmmmmmm....pinot greas-eo, and chenin blanc...mrmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home