f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Tuesday, June 06, 2006



Greetings Citizens. One more teaching day, two more finals at PCC. On Monday, R's boy was in the classroom waiting for his sisters to pick him up. I took him upstairs to the office to get his Mom's Photo Book that she had made last term. Lo & behold the dean was there. He mentioned to me that he thought it was the best piece in the show... the most socially relevant. I mentioned to him that all my kids make work like that and thanks for noticing. Ah, another bridge burned but it felt so nice, so right. R was flattered to hear that the dean liked her work best though and that brought a smile to my face.

A couple of my kids aren't making their best work this term. They're concerned (and maybe they should be) but I'm not worried. They have what Craig calls, "the fire in the belly," and I think they're doing fine. You can't be 100% all the time. Especially with fake deadlines like the end of the term. They are, each and all of them, Photographers and they will continue to make fine work for a lifetime.

Today I handed over some M's tickets to my friend D from Salem. he and his wife are going to go see Steroid-Boy and the SF Giants play at Safeco Field on the 17th & 18th. We had a couple of sodas and shot the shit for awhile. When I got home I hopped on Heidi and went exploring.

I got an email from an old friend from USU. It was weird. I thought I'd never hear from her again. She wanted to know how I was doing and if I stayed in touch with a certain professor. She asked if I liked Stumptown. She stirred up some old feeling best left alone.

3 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know if I ever told you I am a die-hard SF fan. That, and that I hate Barry Bonds. We were at the game in Oakland when he hit the tieing run. I didn't cheer. I told my brother (also a huge fan) that I'm not counting any runs that BB scores this year --and that if the G's win becuase of his run, I'm counting it as a loss. No worries though, becuase he isn't hitting that much anyway. Damn juicers. If he would have at least owned up, I might have a shred of respect for him, but he is the epitome of a horse's ass. As you can tell, I have some strong feelings on this. My brother and I yelled at the game (from our 13th row, 3rd baseline scalped tickets) 'Cream and the Clear Barry...'

 
At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Marky,
I definitely love the image you posted on this entry... I've been a little depressed lately (no job blues) and so haven't posted any of my new images from Austin. I will soon though. I actually got a gig here shooting a fashion show! And another building a website for a friend. So things are looking up!
Thanks for writing your blog, I appreciate it.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

james- i didn't even watch his homers to tie and pass the babe. i did enjoy the irorny of the radio broadcast going dead though.

tyson-just keep working on your stuff & good things will happen. an image of mine just got rejected for a group show at a place where i'm teaching a couple of workshops this summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home