f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Greetings Citizens. Well, it was a pretty nice trip up to the Jet City, er I mean Emerald City, this weekend. I left here early on Friday morning. The weather was miserable. It was raining pretty damned hard. Since it was going to rain the whole way (and it did), I decided to go along the coast. I took a new road between Scappoose and Astoria that was a pretty fun ride. Of course it would have been a lot more fun if the pavement had been dry but such is life. Anyway, when I got to Aberdeen, I visited an old friend from elementary school days. Jimmy's Dad used to drive us to school in the morning and my Mom would pick us up. (Ah, those were simpler times). We talked for about two hours (and I dried out a bit) before I finished my ride. I got to my sister's house just as my Dad was pulling the burgers off the grill. Good timing.

I also was able to visit with R&R for a while too. And I stopped by my friend Steve's house. He's moving to a bigger house with more space to park his landscaping rigs.

Yesterday, I headed back home and there was nary a drop of rain.

The attached image is a zone plate image of a Pepsi Cap near Olney, Oregon. If you look closely enough, you can see the sensor on my camera needs a cleaning in a big way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home