f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Greetings Citizens. It looks like it is going to be another HOT day. Yesterday was pretty warm but I was safely buried in the darkroom with my kids. Except a few of them couldn't resist the great weather and were absent. Shocking!

I finished my first ceramic pinhole camera yesterday. It needs to dry out and maybe get some decoration but it is put together and will work nicely.... if it doesn't explode in the kiln. Me and Jen's workshop is just around the corner and it will be a good one (if you ask me). Eight people have already registered and it's early.

So, one of the other adjunct's kids comes into my class yesterday. She wants to process some film. Normally, if there's room, I let anyone work in the lab who wants to. But this student was one of the kids who complained to their instructor and wrote a note that was forwarded to the dean. So I had to tell her that since she couldn't function with the way we do things it wouldn't be a good idea for her to be working during my class time. The look on her face was priceless. The other adjunct has never allowed my students to work in the lab during her class time (which is no biggie and is to be expected) so I don't feel too guilty.

I think I'm going to put some miles on my motorcycle today. Maybe ride to Mt. Angel for a root beer. Or not.

4 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger Jon said...

Never pass up an excuse to go out for a rootbeer.

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

i didn't make it to mt angel but i did stop for a pop at a convenience store outside mollala.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger shasta said...

ceramic pinhole, eh? that sounds fun.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

yeah, making the camera has been fun. i've got one done and i think i can get a better one completed before we have to stop making greenware in class. i'm going to try and raku this one. black on the inside, white crackel on the outside. there's a high probability that it won't work out because of the stress raku places on the clay but hey! what the hell?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home