f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Friday, May 12, 2006

Greetings Citizens. Tomorrow my advanced students are coming over for a potluck. Not all we be able to attend but a good number of them will be present. And it looks like there will be some tasty items to sample too!

This afternoon I cleared my stuff out of the office I share with the other adjunct. It was a good day to do it, too. It was an open lab day and only my kids were working in the lab. (Big surprise there). There wasn't quite as much crap there as I thought there was... which is good, I suppose. I made damned sure to get my Spotone out of there. That stuff is like gold on eBay and I'll be damned if I'm leaving it behind.

I also had a pleasant chat with the department head. Jim is a great guy and (I think) one of my best allies in the department. He knows I deserve better than what I got but such is life.

3 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i'm with Jim.
so, will ye be telling us all the delectable delights laid out for tasting at this prodigious potluck of yours? i mean, it should be interesting if there's say, some kind of exotic jungle leaf laden with writhing grubs and peanut sauce sitting next to a common jello mold and a tray of deviled eggs. i hope you have mini-gherkins on toothpicks!

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

of course i will attempt to describe all the tasty tidbits that makes it to chez marky-mark's.

(also bran, i've been meaning to post a link to your artsy-fartsy site on my blog. it appears that icarus has died a peaceful death.)

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

peaceful. tranquil. we had her euthanized. :)

oh, i love that imagery! Icarus: "Woof! woof!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home