f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Thursday, June 01, 2006


Greetings Citizens. It's raining... again. So it is a good day to be working on some digital images and wash some clothes. I spent about 45 minutes cleaning the image from the last posting. It looks a lot better now and I'll probably pull a print from it.

Yesterday went well. Most of the students are making some good work. Some students are realizing that they have been dinking around a little too much and now it's crunch time! I'm sure the lab will be busy over the weekend. A lot of my kids are disappointed that I am leaving and are wondering what class to take in the Fall. So we went over their options and discussed the possibilities in front of them. I can say this: my kids will be prepared for anything that is thrown at them. They are grounded in their craft and are able to work on projects that are relevant to them. They might not know how to do silly shit like double exposures and toning with blue toner but they can make a print that is pleasing to view and present it well.

I glazed all my ceramics stuff yesterday except for my pinhole camera (which I am going to try and raku fire next week). I'm not a big fan of raku but I wanted to see if the camera can handle the stress of a raku firing. Plus, the black surface inside the camera will be perfect. My cylinders are all glazed in celadon and shino. I have one cup that I am hoping turns out. The rest of them I am not so concerned about.

I think a friend is joining me for dinner tonight. I'm going to make shrimp etoufee and a simple salad. I haven't decided what to have for dessert yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home