f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Greetings Citizens. Today was not a good day. Oh sure, it started out harmlessly enough. The sun was shining so we took Gertrude, my Porsche 356B for a putt. Tyson and I had a nice breakfast and even had 22 cent cherry pie for dessert. We figured the light was nice and that we should go make some photographs and we headed back to the apartment to grab our gear. I loaded up my Domke bag with the D-70 and my Fuji point-and-shoot digital camera. I also threw in my favorite plastic camera. Tyson had his digi-camera and we went to SE Portland. We'd been photographing for a couple hours and decided to stop one more time before heading back home to watch the Superbowl with Jen and Aaron. We stopped at an old haunt of mine and I started working my way around the block. After going three quarters of the way around I realized I wasn't carrying my camera bag. Tyson went one way and I went the other. No camera bag! Gone. Stolen. Never to be seen again. My only comfort is in that I was at least shooting with my D-70. This is the last image I made before realizing my stupidity.

And if that wasn't shitty enough, the Seahawks lost the Superbowl thanks, in part, to some rather creative penalty calling by the referees.

All-in-all a bad day.

3 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez... Been there, done that. Got it back 9 months later in a fluke deal. Pure luck there.
Check Craigs list - Portland. Always a chance...

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger shasta said...

damn that sucks. its in your cosmic bank account. mine got stolen at usu. lost a 300 dollar lens and plenty of provia.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Icarus said...

what shasta said -- damn that sucks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home