f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Wednesday, October 26, 2005


Greetings Citizens. Chicago has won the World Series! My Dad is an Illinois boy and is very happy right now. He used to take the train up from Galesburg to see them play when he was just a lad.

So I had a little melt-down today with my kids at school. They've been dinking around, waiting until the last minute to complete their work. In fact, there were more of my students printing during open lab than during class time. I told them if they thought they could learn more from a second-term student than yours truly to go ahead and continue on the path they were on. I also told them to remember that the student wasn't going to grade their work though and they might consider another option... like having me help them. I was pissed-off and perhaps went on a little longer than I should have gone but tough titty. They were lucky I was in a "good" mood.

The reason I was in a good mood was that the art department needed to add another class to the schedule. They chose Photography and they chose me to teach it! so next term I have two credit classes on Monday and Wednesday. I start at 0800 and finish at 1700. I have a three hour lull between the two classes for office hours and lunch. Plus, I can always prep or get some of my own work done. Or have an extended open lab. That's the major complaint of my students: not enough open lab time. Never mind they don't use the lab during class time! Anyway I should be happy but instead I am worried about my kids. Maybe I'll feel better after a good long sleep.

I had a crazy dream last night that I was with a girl I knew right out of high school. But it was in the present so we were married and had kids. It was weird like the ghost of Christmas present showing me how things could have different but for a couple of choices I made a long, long time ago. Maybe that's why I feel so melancholy.

2 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger shasta said...

forgive procrasties their trespassies only if they bring you yougurt lassies

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

ummmmm...okay, i guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home